Choosing a school is one of the biggest decisions your family will make. At Georges River Grammar, we endeavour to make the enrolment process a seamless transition for you and your children. Our main admission grades are Kindergarten and Year 7 but we will accept applications for other grades, should vacancies exist, based on the following criteria:
- Applications for enrolment may be made at any time by the parent/carer(s) of students.
- Preference will be given to students enrolling at school for the first time who will be five years of age on or before 28 February of the year in which they enrol.
- The School will base any decision about offering a place to a student on:
Family relationship with the school:
- sibling of a current or ex-student
- either of the parents attended the school
- children of Anglican clergy
- they hold attitudes, values and priorities that are compatible with the School’s ethos
- the contribution that the student may make to the school, including its co-curricular activities
- The student’s reports from previous schools or prior to school service e.g. the NSW Department of Education’s Transition to School Statement
- ability to meet the special needs or abilities of the student
- Order of receipt – when the application to enrol is received by the school
- The School may/will meet with parent/carer(s) of the student before offering a place.
- The School has an absolute discretion in determining the weight of each of the factors it takes into account in determining whether to offer a place for the student.
- Continued enrolment at the School is dependent upon the student making satisfactory academic progress, attending consistently, and the student and the parent/carer(s) observing all behavioural codes of conduct and other requirements of the School which are applicable from time to time.
All students attend Christian Studies classes and Chapel Services as Georges River Grammar is a School in the Anglican Tradition. Parental support in these areas is paramount.
Your child’s GRG experience begins here.
To enrol your child
- Download the Georges River Grammar Enrolment Application form below.
- Print off a copy and complete the form.
- Ensure copies of the following documents are attached:
- Attach a copy of the student’s last two (2) school reports if it is for entry within the next 2 years except for Kindergarten enrolment, and copies of any NAPLAN reports.
- Attach a copy of student’s Birth Certificate or Passport.
- Attach a copy of Certificate of Aboriginality or Torres Strait Islander if applicable.
- Attach a copy of residency visa if applicable.
- Attach a current passport size photo of your child.
- Attach a copy of your child’s current immunisation record.
- If both parents are born overseas, please provide a copy of VISA, Australian Citizenship or Australian Passport.
- Return the completed signed paperwork to the School addressed to the Enrolments Registrar.
- The School’s official enrolment period for Kindergarten and Year 7 concludes late April in the year prior to enrolment.
- The School will contact families to attend an interview in early May.
- If the application is for any other grade other than Kindergarten or Year 7, and a place exists, an interview will be organised or if there isn’t a place the application will be placed on our waiting list.
Current enrolment status
The School is currently at or near capacity in each year cohort. Applicants will be held on a wait list if there are no vacancies at the time. Applicants on the wait list will be contacted periodically to ascertain whether they wish to remain on the wait list. Families with more than one child on a wait list may not be offered enrolment for all children at the same time. Offers to applicants on the wait list will be based on the enrolment criteria above.