The GRG School Board has commenced the process of developing a new Master Plan, including the building of a new School Auditorium. The construction of these new facilities has been purposefully designed to facilitate deep learning, with a particular focus on creating learning environments that support collaborative learning, creativity, technological currency and encouraging students to develop their critical thinking skills.
In the Secondary School, a state-of-the-art Trade Skills Centre has been built to deliver the VET Construction course to students in Stage 5 and 6. This large workshop, accompanied by an ICT classroom in the Centre, is also used extensively by other Technology classes. In 2021, the Secondary School also unveiled a new, innovative, Science laboratory, a space which allows students to develop their sense of curiosity.
Out of School Hours & Vacation Care
Georges River Grammar operates an Out of School Hours (OSHC) program from 7:00am to 8:30am, and 3:00pm to 6:00pm for students in our Primary School. Vacation Care is also available for 11 weeks of non-term time.
All students are provided with a nutritious breakfast and afternoon tea during the school term, and lunch during Vacation Care. Students enjoy a variety of outdoor and indoor activities, prompting them to develop friendships with their peers whilst learning. Students are also given the opportunity to complete homework, with assistance, if required.
All students at GRG also have the ability to utilise:
- the School Canteen, which caters for all students in K-12 providing a wide variety of healthy lunches, snacks and refreshments;
- a dedicated Music Space, with individual studios that allow students to participate in one-to-one music lessons or practise their instrument in a quiet, private space;
- multiple Visual Arts Studios which stimulate our students’ sense of creativity;
- a fully functional Commercial Kitchen, used by our Senior Hospitality students and Food Technology students;
- the Primary and Secondary School Libraries, which house an extensive collection of fiction and non-fiction resources for student borrowing, and also allow our students to study and engage in collaborative work with their peers; and,
- an onsite Uniform Shop with the full range of GRG uniforms for all our students.
GRG is firmly committed to educating our students to care for our planet, role modelling strategies for making sustainable and environmentally friendly life choices. In 2021, with assistance and funding from the Parents and Friends’ Association, as well as the support of Wendy Lindsay (MP), GRG installed a large solar panel installation. This new installation includes a monitor that allows all students to see in real-time our energy usage, energy savings and energy production; this is the first step in GRG’s sustainability strategy and will be followed shortly by the replacement of all outdoor lighting to low energy LED bulbs.
School Bus Services
The School has four private bus runs each morning and afternoon. There is an additional charge for these services, which are conducted on buses owned and operated by the School:
- Cabramatta, Canley Heights, Canley Vale, Fairfield, Lansvale, Guildford and Villawood
- Menai, Alfords Point and Sutherland
- Voyager Point, Pleasure Point, Wattle Grove and Georges Fair
Transdev, a private bus company, also runs government-funded special bus services to the School from East Hills, Revesby, Sandy Point, Moorebank, Liverpool, Wattle Grove, Chester Hill, Bankstown, and Picnic Point.