CRICOS Code: 00382C
Georges River Grammar celebrates the particular cultural diversity of the Canterbury-Bankstown area. Students from overseas enrich our School in many ways.
Georges River Grammar accepts the admission of International Students from around the world. International Students may be considered under the following criteria:
- The prospective student must be living in Australia with a blood relative who will act as their legal guardian.
- This blood relative must be 18 years old or older.
- Prospective Secondary School students must provide the School with test results of an AEAS test. If the student is being enrolled in the Primary School, they do not have to demonstrate English proficiency particularly if they have been receiving instruction in the language of their country of origin.
Enrolment Process for International Students
This information is relevant to students seeking to study at GRG as an Overseas Student on a Subclass 500 visa. International Students who are Australian citizens or who will be residing in Australia as a Temporary Resident (TR) or Permanent Resident (PR) should apply to the School as a local student.
The School is registered to accept International Students from Kindergarten to Year 12.
We offer the following courses:
- Primary School Studies (Kindergarten to Year 6) (020998E)
- Junior Secondary School Studies (Years 7 to 10) (005000D) and
- Senior Secondary School Studies (Years 11 and 12) (005001C)
All courses are conducted on site at Georges River Grammar.
International Students are required to live with a direct relative (approved by Department of Immigration and Border Protection) who can approve that appropriate accommodation and welfare has been arranged for the student which is required as part of Overseas Student Subclass 500 visa application. GRG does not accept Home Stay arrangements.
International Students enrolled at Georges River Grammar are governed by the ESOS Act 2000 and the National Code.
In order to be considered for enrolment at Georges River Grammar, International Students are required to:
- Submit a completed Application for Enrolment form signed by BOTH parents.
- Pay the non-refundable Application Fee.
- Provide a copy of the student’s birth certificate, translated into English if necessary and certified.
- Provide a copy of the information page from the student’s passport.
- Provide a copy of the student’s two latest school reports (full year), translated into English, if necessary, and certified.
- Provide a certificate of English fluency from the Australian Education Assessment Service (AEAS). See English requirements in the Overseas Student (CRICOS) Handbook.
- Be prepared to take out Overseas Student Health Cover prior to a Student Visa being granted.
When your child’s visa has been granted, please forward the visa documentation to the Enrolments Registrar, who will send pre-commencement information outlining arrangements for commencement at the School.
School fees and other charges are subject to change and may vary from year to year. Any increase in fees during the period of study will apply to both new and continuing students. The International Student School fees are outlined in the Fee Structure For Overseas Students page.
Studying in Australia
Detailed information about Studying at Georges River Grammar as an Overseas Student and how your child will be supported during their time at the School can be found in the Overseas Student (CRICOS) Handbook.
Information about studying in Australia in general can be found on the Government website www.studyinaustralia.gov.au.
Students studying at Georges River Grammar follow the academic year outlined in the Term Dates section of this website.
Some parents of Overseas Students prefer to use an agent who speaks their own language and is familiar with the procedures. Agents can make the process fast and efficient as they are experienced in dealing with the issues concerned. Agents may charge a fee for their services and may also offer additional services. Georges River Grammar accepts applications from all agents.